@KCTCS will host our own tournament, in NCAA March Madness tournament fashion, via Twitter in pairing each of our 16 colleges to “play” against each other by tweeting about Transfer Madness in a given time frame. Rules will be tweeted publicly in the days prior to game play.
- All eight sweet sixteen games will begin Monday, March 16th at 9 a.m. EDT and end Thursday, March 19th at 9 p.m. EDT Score updates will be posted at various times throughout the four days, with final scores, MVPs and advancement announcements posted Friday, March 20th throughout the day.
- Elite Eight games will take place Monday, March 23rd from 9 a.m. EDT to 9 p.m. EDT, with with final scores, MVPs and advancement announcements posted by 11 p.m EDT.
- Final Four games will take place Tuesday, March 24th from 9 a.m. EDT to 9 p.m. EDT, with final scores, MVPs and advancement announcements posted by 11 p.m.
- The final game will be held Wednesday, March 25th from 9 a.m. EDT to 9 p.m. EDT, with the championship score and MVP announced by 11 p.m. EDT. Participants can score 2 points for their college by posting:
• A tweet containing a mention of their college + #kytransfermadness
• A tweet containing a mention of their college + the college they are transferring to + #kytransfermadness !
Games will begin with a GAME ON tweet. Example:
- @KCTCS Transfer Tournament GAME ON! Score points w/REPLY: @bluegrassctc or @jeffersonctc to [where you are transferring] #kytransfermadness
- Each game will end with a BUZZER tweet. Example:BUZZER! GAME OVER @bluegrassctc or @jeffersonctc Stay tuned for the game winner and MVP! #kytransfermadness. After points are tallied, a tweet with mentions for the winning college and an MVP of the game (most tweets by a participant) would be posted. Example:
@jeffersonctc advances in the @KCTCS Transfer Tournament! MVP of the game @nameofplayer has won a t-shirt! #kytransfermadness In the event of a tie, the first selfie donning spirit wear to be posted with the #kytransfermadness wins the game.Upon completion of the entire bracket, the remaining college will receive all the fame and fortune that can be afforded via a Twitter campaign, complete with NCAA-esque graphics, declaring them the 2015 Transfer Madness Champions and a pizza party, to be held in the campus’ transfer center.